At Potley Hill Primary School we recognise that learning is central to the curriculum.
“Dream Big, Aim High & Make a Difference”
We value each individual child and work with parents, the community and beyond to offer diverse experiences and support for pupils and families in a caring and safe environment. We develop children to be confident, life-long learners and compassionate, respectful members of their community and the world. We believe that our curriculum should be broad, balanced and relevant to the learning needs of all our children. We aim to offer a range of learning experiences that challenge, stimulate and promote thinking and learning.
The intent of our curriculum is to:
- Encourage and promote high standards in all areas of learning
- Embed the core skills of English, Maths, Science and Computing, and apply these within all learning opportunities across the curriculum
- Be stimulating, motivating and engaging so that children enjoy coming to school
- Develop a solid basis for lifelong learning through relevant, meaningful and exploratory experiences that develop the children’s ability to problem solve
- Enable children to develop emotionally, physically, morally and spiritually with a focus on positive mental health and well-being
- Ensure that each child’s education has continuity and progression which develops knowledge, understanding and skills
- Enable pupils’ capacity to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Encourage children to become caring and responsible members of the community
- Help children understand Britain’s cultural heritage and values
- Appreciate and value the contributions made by all ethnic groups in our multi-cultural society
- Fulfil all requirements of the National Curriculum(2014) and the locally agreed syllabus for Religious Education